What are disadvantages and advantages of using an air compressor?Posted by: admin | Posted on: June 28, 2017
An air compressor is not strange for lots of families. It is considered as the most versatile source of power. In the market, The air compressor provides different kinds, and each of them comes with different features. An air compressor gives a lot of benefits for the customers, but at the same time, they also come with a drawback. Therefore, choosing the best air compressor depends on what is your purpose and the way they suit you. To find the most suitable air compressor, you can read the review of the products. In this article, we would like to give you the disadvantage and advantages of an air compressor which supports you to make the decision of taking one of them at home.
1. What are its advatages?
– Different types of the air compressor will go with each definition because it provides various types of feature which impresses all of the compressor users. However, an air compressor is a device that adding air inside a tank and compresses it. By this way, it can make the air pressure inside higher than the air outside of a tank.
– Different air compressor provides different levels of power, but it depends on what you need. For example spray painting or an air compressor filling air to the car tire. Each kind of air compressor can do a specific job, so you should read its description carefully before using it. The description can tell you the capacity of power that your air compressore can provide.
– Unlike other devices, air compressors do not need meticulous maintenance. However, it is easy and simple to maintain it, so you can regular clear it to avoid the minor problem that can become the major damage and make sure about is performance.
– An air compressor is very noisy. If you are living in an apartment, you will listen to the explain of your neighbourhood. This is a major downside of people who live in the village with a small space around. If you have a plan to buy an air compressor, make sure you have an extra lot or space where you can work with you air compressor without the explanation from others.
– There are a lot of size of the air compressor in the market. You need a high level of power means you need a big space to put a huge air compressor. If you do not have enough area for a huge compressor, this is a drawback of this product. However, you can buy some smaller size of air compressor, of course, they can not provide you high-level energy as the huge air compressors do.
3 . Piston or portable compressors
The air compressors provide use two kinds: piston and portable compressor. The piston compressors have a motor which builds up air pressure; they also store compressed air in a tank while portable compressors are quite convenient without any tank. They will keep running to deliver air.
– For piston compressor, they come with two types. The single-stage compressors have just one piston and top out at around 150 psi. Two-stage piston compressors have two pistons to deliver the air pressure and top out at about 200 psi. Besides, single-stage compressors are used for more heavy-duty applications at home. The two-stage compressor is used for industrial setting.
– Portable air compressors are lighter than the piston. You can use it for powering caulk guns, glue guns, spray guns or inflate tires.
4. Gas and electric air compressors
An air compressor can be powered by electric and gas. Therefore, you should consider what is the best for you. If you have the luxury of electricity at all time, you can take an air compressor with an electric motor. However, if you work in the environment without electricity, it is better when you get a gas air compressor. Besides, gas devices are also more power and stronger, so you can buy these for the heavy jobs.
In conclusion, these are some advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of the air compressor. Hope with this article; you have a basic knowledge about this useful product.